As professionals engaged in the provision of legal services to clients Duffee+Eitzen LLP, is committed to protecting the privacy of confidential and “Personal Information” (information that directly or indirectly identifies individuals who may be clients, staff, agents, lawyers, law students, job applicants or others inside or outside the firm). It has always been and remains the policy of the firm to comply with the rules of professional conduct, which impose a duty to preserve and protect confidential client information, upon lawyers and their associated personnel.
This Statement is also specifically addressed to parties outside the firm who provide Personal Information to the firm or who visit or use the firm’s websites, our apps, our social media sites, our extranets, as well as email messages that we send to you that contain a link to this Statement (collectively, the “Internet Services”). This Statement also describes how the firm collects, processes and discloses Personal Information in connection with the provision of legal services and the Internet Services.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may use that Personal Information where in our legitimate interest to do so for the following purposes:
- to contact you and respond to your requests and enquiries
- to personalize your visit and use of our Internet Services and to assist you while you use those services
- to carry out, monitor and analyze our business or website operations
- to conduct our recruiting and selection process
- to provide you with legal services, if you are or become a client of the firm, and otherwise deal with you, and administer the matters you instruct us on
- to contact you (unless you tell us that you prefer us not to) regarding legal or law firm developments that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive publications or details of events or seminars that we consider may be of interest to you, you may do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link in electronic marketing communications
- to enter into or carry out contracts of various kinds
Confidentiality, Security, and Retention of Personal Information
Consistent with our professional obligations, it has always been the policy of the firm to exercise the utmost discretion regarding the information our clients entrust to us.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate, albeit not infallible, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards intended to maintain the confidentiality of Personal Information, including that provided by a visitor to this website and provided while using other Internet Services. We do not guarantee that our safeguards will always work.
We may retain information provided by you, including Personal Information, for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or to achieve the purposes for which the information was originally collected and for the purposes described in the Statement and in our applicable policies. If you wish to obtain more details on our information practices, please refer to the “Contact Us” link on our site.